To celebrate Shrove Tuesday here is one of our favourite low carb protein pancake recipes. By whipping the egg whites these pancakes are light and fluffy the mixture is quite different to flour made pancakes.
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 small pancakes)
- 40 grams vanilla protein powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large very ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- In two medium bowls, separate the eggs carefully so none of the yolk gets into the egg whites.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks.
- Add the the banana, cinnamon, baking powder and salt to the bowl with the egg yolks and beat until smooth to make the banana mixture.
- Gently fold 1/3 of the egg white mixture into the banana mixture until roughly combined. then repeat until everything is well combined.
- Heat a non stick frying pan over low/med heat and leave to get up to temp. Scoop a portion of the combined mixture onto the pan and cook for 60-90 seconds on each side until golden
- Serve. OPTIONAL: Top with fresh fruit and non-fat Greek yogurt mixed drizzle with honey or maple syrup.
MACROS Per Serving (4 pancakes minus toppings)
Fat: 5 grams
Carbs: 16 grams
Protein: 16 grams