2kg lean stewing beef
4 Teaspoons Garam masala
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
4 Tablespoons greek yoghurt 5% fat
4 large sweet onions
4 cloves of garlic
5 cm piece of fresh root ginger ( peeled and grated)
4 Tablespoons Tomato puree
2 Tablespoons of coconut sugar
2 Tins of chopped tomatoes
6-8 Cardamon pods
15/20 Curry leaves
Bunch coriander (chopped leaves and chopped stalks)
4 Teaspoons of coriander seeds
4 Teaspoons cumin seeds
1 Teaspoons fennel seeds
1 Teaspoon fenugreek seeds
4 Teaspoons mild curry powder
1 Teaspoon ground Tumeric
- Mix the yoghurt and garam masala together in a large bowl, season the beef and mix in the yoghurt and garam masala set a side for 30 mins at least or over night in the fridge.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large pan, saute the onions, garlic and ginger with a little salt and pepper, cover with a lid cover with a lid stirring occasionally for 7 mins until soft.
- In a separate small pan lightly toast the spice ingredients. Then mill with a grind of salt in a nutri-bullet or pestle and mortar. tip the mix into the saute pan and caramalise the onions for a few minutes.
- Once the onions and garlic and ginger are sauted add the tomato puree and coconut sugar. Add the tomatoes, beef stock, coriander stalks, curry leaves and cardamom pods. Give a good stir.
- Add the marinated beef to your pan partially cover the curry and reduce the heat simmer for 3-4 hours or transfer to a slow cooker until the meat is tender.
- Serve with rice and or Indian bread scatter coriander leaves over curry.
Macros (per serving of curry):