Sometimes only something sweet will do.
This recipe is so easy – 4 ingredients and only 5 minutes and can be kept in the freezer for when your cravings hit. They are low in carbs and high in fats from coconut. If you like bounty bars you will love this healthy alternative. Dark chocolate in small amounts is good too but must be over 85% Cocoa solids. Green and blacks is a favourite.
- 100g dark chocolate, 85% /95% cocoa solids
- 200g desiccated coconut ( can be found in baking isle)
- 50g whey protein powder, vanilla flavour is best
- 100g coconut cream usually sold in a carton in oriental section.
- Pour the desiccated coconut into a bowl and mix with the whey protein powder.
- When well mixed put into a food processor, blend on pulse and then add the coconut cream and pulse again.
- When the mixture comes together, leave to one side and begin melting your dark chocolate in a bowl, over a pan of boiling water or in the microwave, careful not to burn the chocolate.
- Tear greaseproof paper to lay over and fit a baking tray.
- Take small amounts of your coconut mixture and roll into into 20 small balls, drop individually into the chocolate to cover.
- Insert a cocktail stick into the ball stir around and remove from the chocolate bowl, and then place on the greaseproof paper to cool.
- Leave to set in the fridge for 30 minutes, then remove the sticks place in a Tupperware box in the freezer to store. when ready to eat take out and allow to come to room temperature.
- If you have any chocolate left over add a few nuts into the bowl and coat with chocolate and leave to set.
Calories: 111 Carbs: 1.6g Fat: 10.2g Protein: 3.2g