Low carb pizza alternative
This omelette is easy to make and has the tasty tang of a pizza without the carbs or calories.
- 3 Free range eggs
- 2 egg whites (two chicks egg whites in a carton is a good source)
- 100 grams of baby leaf spinach
- 50g asparagus halved
- 30 grams feta cheese
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Quarter of a red pepper, sliced
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 teaspoon pesto
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or parsley leaves
- salt and black pepper to season
- Whisk the eggs and egg whites together in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter in a frying pan and add the spinach and asparagus, and gently fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the tomato halves and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Next, gently pour over the egg mix until the pan is fully covered and allow to cook for 2 minutes, so that the bottom cooks but the top is still quite runny.
- Break up the feta cheese into small chunks, and scatter over the top of the omelette.
- Sprinkle over the fresh thyme leaves or parsley leaves and place under a hot grill to finish for 3-4 minutes, until the omelette is golden brown and fluffy. Careful with the handle of the pan it will get hot.
- To finish top with pesto and serve.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!