A lovely light quinoa salad with sweet, juicy pomegranate that also provides a bit of crunch. Add cooked shredded chicken if you want more protein.
Ingredients – Serves 2
- quinoa 150 grams
- half of a vegetable stock cube
- half chopped bell pepper (red or yellow)
- pomegranate, seeds removed
- lime, juiced
- flaked or chopped almonds a small handful you could swap these out for toasted pine nuts
- chopped mint a small handful
- chopped coriander a small handful
- extra-virgin olive oil
Cook the quinoa according to pack instructions adding the vegetable stock cube to the cooking water. Leave to cool, then break up with a fork. This can be done the night before and left in fridge.
Mix the almonds, pomegranate seeds, herbs, lime juice and 4 tbsp oil through the quinoa. Add the chopped bell pepper and give it a good mix. Season with slat and pepper to taste.
Macros ( serves 2)
Carbs 52 grams
Fat 52 grams
Protein 17 grams