Chicken, fried rice and asparagus ( Serves 4)
If you fancy a take away but want to know what is going into your food then making it yourself makes sense. Also you can make up this meal in about 30 minutes which will probably be faster than a delivery from your local take away, healthier and cheaper. win, win.
- 450 grams chicken breast, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil, divided
- ½ Onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 Carrot, trimmed and chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1 Tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 cups asparagus
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 cups cooked brown rice, chilled
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- ¾ cup frozen green peas
Cook your rice ahead of the meal and chill in fridge. Heat 1 Tablespoon peanut oil on medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Add the chopped chicken and cook until golden brown on all sides , make sure it is cooked through about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside in a bowl.