We often make these cherry and white choc chip flapjacks as a healthy weekend treat. The recipe below is from our friends at LDNM.
INGREDIENTS (makes 8 flapjacks):
240 grams oat flour (we grind rolled oats in a nutribullet)
60 grams coconut flour
3 scoops vanilla protein powder
5 tablespoons of honey
2 tablespoons of Peanut Butter
35 grams of dried unsweetened cherries ( you can get these at holland and barrett)
35 grams of dried unsweetened cranberries ( you can get these at holland and barrett)
35 grams of white chocolate chips
60 ml milk of your choice (you can use diary, oat or nut milk) we use almond.
1. Line a 9×9 baking dish with baking paper and set aside.
2. Combine the coconut, oat flours and protein powder in a large mixing bowl, stir well.
3. In a microwave safe bowl combine the peanut butter and honey and heat until melted.
5. Pour the wet mixture into the dry and mix well. It should be crumbly. Add dried fruits, white chocolate chips (hold a few back for topping) and mix until fully incorporated.
6. Add milk and mix until thick firm batter is formed, then pour and spread onto the baking paper lined dish. top with a few of your cranberries and white choc chips.
7. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours and then cut up into even slabs. Store in fridge.
MACROS (per flapjack):
Protein: 15 grams
Carbs: 37 grams
Fats: 7 grams