Easy to make gluten free pancakes, enjoy a low calorie breakfast that still feels like a treat.
Ingredients: (Serves 2 makes 4 pancakes)
- 1 large ripe banana
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- Baking powder (pinch)
- Vanilla extract (splash)
- 1 teaspoon oil (coconut, rape seed, etc)
- 25 grams pecans, roughly chopped
- 125 grams blueberries
- Mash 1 large ripe banana with a fork in a bowl until it resembles a thick purée.
- Then stir in 2 beaten eggs, add a pinch of baking powder and a splash of vanilla extract. Mix well to a smooth batter.
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan or pancake pan over a medium/hot heat and add half of oil.
- Using half the batter, spoon two pancakes into the pan ( if the pan is big enough) or cook 1 at a time. Each pancake should take between 1-2 mins each side, then tip onto a plate. Repeat the process with rest of oil and the remaining batter.
- Top the pancakes with 25g roughly chopped pecans and 125g blueberries.
Macros: per serving
Calories – 243
Fat – 15 grams
Carbs – 15 grams
Protein – 9 grams