Another favourite of ours for breakfast. I have made this for breakfasts for 20 people and everyone has enjoyed it. another great recipe from our friends at LDNM. of course you can reduce quantities by half to make more but any left overs can be kept in the fridge for another day. I personally also like to serve this with some greek yoghurt.
INGREDIENTS (makes 10 servings):
300 Grams rolled oats (we use morning flakes, I prefer jumbo)
3 scoops vanilla whey protein
1 Tablespoon cinnamon ( this is the secret ingredient)
1 Tablespoon baking powder (this makes the dish rise and gives it its baked feel)
3 Tablespoons honey
400ml milk (we use almond or oat)
2 free range eggs
Pinch of salt
1 Tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
250g frozen mixed berries ( blueberries blackberries, raspberries etc)
1) Preheat oven to 190C (375F)
2) Mix oats, protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl.
3) In a separate bowl, add the milk, eggs, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until well combined.
4) Pour wet ingredients over dry. Gently mix until combined.
5) Pour in coconut oil while continually stirring to incorporate.
6) Finally, add mixed berries. Gently fold berries into batter.
7) Grease a baking tray (23x13cm ) with coconut oil.
8) Pour batter into pan and spread evenly. 9) Bake at 190C (375F) for about 35-40 minutes.
10) Cut into 10 slices and enjoy!
NUTRITIONAL INFO (per serving):
• Calories: 212
• Protein: 16 Grams
• Carbs: 26 Grams
• Fat: 5 Grams