This apple and kale smoothie is easy to make and will give you an instant vitamin boost.
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups packed chopped kale leaves
- 1 stalk celery cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 Gala or pink lady apple cut into chunks
- 1 Tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3/4 cup of ice cubes
- agave nectar or a couple of soft dates (optional)
- Place the kale, celery, apple, ground flax seed , almond milk and ice cubes into a blender.
- Blend until smooth. Taste and add agave nectar or dates and blend again if you would like a sweeter smoothie. Serve.
Nutrition – 1 serving