A healthy recipe for a tasty energy bar.
Ingredients (Makes 20 bars)
- 1 Cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 Cup Raw Pumpkin Seeds
- 1/2 Cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 Tbsp flax seeds
- 1 Cup dried fruit (blueberries, raisins, currants, cranberries and/or cherries)
- 1/2 Cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup sunflower butter
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
- In a food processor, pulse the first 6 ingredients until finely chopped (it’s ok if there are few coarsely chopped pieces).
3. Add the honey and sunflower and pulse until starting to combine.
4. Pour the mixture into a 9 x 9 inch pan, greased then line with parchment and press down into the pan until completely even.
4. Bake for 25 minutes.
5. Let the bars completely cool before cutting with a serrated knife into bars.
*Cool, place in Ziploc bags, label and freeze. Defrost to room temperature and enjoy!
Macro nutrients (per bar)
Calories – 130
Fat – 6.9 grams
Carbs – 14.7 grams
Protein – 3.6 grams