A hearty and healthy soup recipe that is packed with vegetables. The great thing is it can be made the night before and left to cool, as it tastes great when the flavours have time to intermingle, perfect food for a cold winters day.
Ingredients: Serves 6
1 medium potato
2 Onions chopped finely
3 cloves garlic
2 carrots chopped into small chunks
1/4 sliced cabbage
1 celery stick sliced finely
Handful of green beans chopped finely
2 small packets of chopped pancetta or 4 rashers chopped streaky bacon
1 400 gram tin of Cannellini beans
100g red lentil pasta
2 tins of 400 grams of chopped tomatoes
1 litre vegetable stock
olive oil for cooking
1. Heat the oil in a large heavy based pan that will take a lid add in the pancetta when hot and cook till golden.
2. Add the onion and garlic and saute until soft do not burn the garlic so low and slow heat .
3. Add the rest of the vegetables in batches and saute with the onion and garlic.
4. Once the vegetables are all combined add the tinned tomato, Cannellini beans and vegetable stock bring to the boil then turn down the heat to a gentle simmer for 35 mins.
5. Smash the pasta into smaller pieces and add in after the 35 mins of simmering then leave to simmer for a further 20 mins.
6. Serve with parmesan and a slice of sour dough bread.
Macros: per serving
Calories – 267
Fat – 10.1grams
Carbs – 34.8 grams
Protein – 10.9 grams